Another winner recipe for you, my friends, do not recollect from where I got this recipe but it is my favourite. Chocolate cakes are loved universally by young and old alike, chocolate can never go out of style.. …This is a moist and spongy cake which you will get addicted to in no time. Going right to the recipe with no more chitchatting…enjoy!!
- All-purpose flour – 2 ½ Cups (320 grams)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/2 cup (58 grams)
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Unsalted butter, plus more for the pan – 1 cup or 226 grams
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cups (300 grams)
- Eggs – 4 large
- Whole milk – 1/2 cup
- Sour cream (or curd) – 1/2 cup
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Walnuts – ½ cup (optional)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Coat a 12 inch nonstick Bundt pan or 2 seven inch round baking tins with cooking spray.
Sieve together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, keep aside.
Mix milk and sour cream in a small bowl and set aside.
Cream together butter and powdered sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Fold in the flour mixture, alternating with milk mixture, ending with flour.
Fold in walnuts, (if using). Spoon batter into greased and dusted pan.
Bake at 175 C until a tester inserted in center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.Let cool in pan completely on a wire rack. Invert cake.
Pour ganache over cooled cake. Slice and serve with strawberries.